Monday, May 24, 2010

Embossing Workshop last week



Thanks everyone who came to the emobssing workshop on Wednesday night. I hope the rest of you get well soon. Our first card used gloss paper and we embossed a white tree onto the gloss paper then using a sponge and 'going gray' ink, rubbed over the image, the image doesn't take the ink, only the paper. This technique is called embossing resist. We created the scalloped edge on the black circle using a corner rounder click here to see a tutorial. I love this card if I do say so myself!! My darling husband who pretends to take an interest in my cards actually said this card was the best I've ever made! and he was serious and not just saying that so he could get back to whatever he was doing before I asked for his opinion LOL!!! Well I don't know if it is the best I've ever made, but thanks hon!

Here is a close up of the tree. We finished the tree with red dots from 'real red' stamp and write marker then covered each dot with crystal effects so now the tree looks like it has blossoms or fruit.


Here is the second card we made. We used the "Manhattan Flower" embossing folder and using a brayer you need to put ink directly onto the embossing folder, put the card in the folder and then run it through your die/embossing machine. We then hand cut around the flower. Try this technique using 2 different inks blending together!! Nice and simple yet very effective.

1 comment: