Friday, July 9, 2010

No birthday cards can you believe it?????

My daughter was invited to a birthday party and me being me left it to the last minute to buy a present and I thought I would just grab a card from my stack of cards..........well to my great amazement I had no suitable birthday cards!!!!!!!! Plenty of 'friend' cards or 'happiness' cards or 'christmas' cards or even birthday cards for older people but nothing suitable for a little girl. So I had to buy a birthday card (being rushed and all I had not time to whip one up), it was a simple sweet card that I thought shouldn't cost that much........$4.95 later I decided then and there I was going to go home and make a stack of both boy and girl birthday cards. I chose a simple design that I could just run off lots of and I used a 1/4 of an A4 to make it even quicker and more cost effective - especially for kids.

Here is the boy card using my favourite "Bugs & Kisses" stamp set, Kraft, Whisper White and Soft Suede cardstock and Soft Suede Classic Ink Pad.


Here is the girl card using the Butterfly Punch (which, by the way you can still purchase even though it was in the last mini catalogue - contact me if you would like to know more) with 'Cottage Wall' Designer Series Paper and Pale Plum cardstock and the 'happy birthday' stamp comes from Teeny Tiny Sentiment p.26 in the current mini catalogue and stamped in Rich Razzleberry. I cased this design from Amy Waters, I loved how she sewed down the middle of her butterflies so I did a quick version!!!


I hope this inspires you to go and make a stack of birthday cards and never pay $4.95 for 1 card again!! (just think...that's almost half the price of a classic ink pad, or half the price of a pkt of 24 sheets of cardstock in which you could make 48 cards this size, or the cost of a giant block of cadbury chocolate from Big W......the possibilities are endless LOL)

1 comment:

  1. I JUST LOVE THIS CARD .... (WORM ONE) LOOK GREAT WILL HAVE TO ADD THE STAMP SET TO MY WISH LIST !!!!

    ReplyDelete